Nominations for 2020 awards will begin to be accepted around June of 2020.
Each year, our chapter offers awards in the following categories:
- DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD: For unusual and extraordinary activities and significant contribution in furthering the objectives of the California-Nevada Chapter of the Soil & Water Conservation Society. Only SWCS members are eligible for this award.
- HONOR AWARD: For special accomplishments contributing to the objectives of the California-Nevada Chapter. Individuals, groups, organizations or businesses are eligible for nomination.
- CHAPTER RECOGNITION AWARD: The Chapter Recognition award is presented to recognize a member who has provided outstanding service to the Chapter.
- MERIT: For outstanding effort or activity in promoting the conservation and development of natural resources in California and/or Nevada. Individuals, groups, organizations or businesses are eligible for nomination.
- MEDIA: To recognize outstanding news coverage of natural resources conservation issues in California and/or Nevada. Eligibility is open to all media sources, as well as individual reporters, members of the press, or free-lance reporters and photographers.
- CONSERVATION EDUCATION: To recognize outstanding conservation education activities in California and/or Nevada. Individuals, groups, organizations or businesses are eligible for nomination.
Awards are presented at our Annual Conference which is generally held in the Fall of each year. Check back for updates Awards Program.
The national Soil and Water Conservation Society also offers a variety of awards on an annual basis. You can learn more about these awards by clicking here.