2018 Annual Conference
- Date: October 18-19, 2018
- Location: Suisun City, CA
- Theme: Soil Health in Northern California: Restoring Function in Agricultural and Wildland Settings
Registration is now open for this event via Eventbrite. Register by July 31, 2018 to save $50 with our early bird pricing. Tickets can be purchased here.
The conference agenda is still being developed, check back here or follow us on Facebook for updates!
National SWCS Events
SWCS hosts an annual conference and numerous regional and special-topic conferences. Information on these events can be found here.
Chapter Supported Training
The CA-NV SWCS is a proud sponsor/ developer of the California Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program’s (ILRP) Grower Self-Certification Training for Sediment & Erosion Control Plans (SECP). This curriculum was co-developed with Provost & Pritchard Consulting Group. This curriculum prepares practitioners to:
- Describe why some growers are required to complete a SECP.
- Understand why sediment and erosion control is important.
- Gain general knowledge of sediment and erosion control in an agricultural setting
- Learn how to complete and certify an ILRP SECP, or decide to have a professional prepare it.
- Provide reference material on sediment and erosion control (e.g. NRCS Practice Standards), and resources regarding funding and other assistance.
Community-wide Training Resources
We know that there are many organizations out there that provide educational and training content that is highly valuable to conservationists. We’ve put together this list to help point you in the direction of a few of our favorite learning resources.
- USDA Science & Technology Training Library: Through this webinar portal you can stay up-to-date with the latest research and industry practices in forestry, conservation, bioenergy, climate change and natural resources.
- EPA Water Research Webinars: Find information on and register for the EPA’s “Water Research Program” and “Small Water Systems” Webinar Series.
- Soil Health Educational Resources: The Soil Health Institute Communications and Education Action Team has compiled a catalog of soil health educational resources to help educators teach students and adults about the critical functions that soil plays in sustaining life on earth.
Have a resource to share? Let us know.