We welcome any and all agricultural producers, natural resource managers, environmental science students, or any other individual or group with an interest in soil and water conservation to join the Soil and Water Conservation Society as well as our Chapter or one of our affiliated University Chapters.
Chapter membership is reasonably priced as far as professional organizations go and your membership will provide you with the following:
- Aldo Leopold: The Man and His Legacy. New members receive a copy of this book for free!
- Bi-monthly Scientific Journal. Published six times a year, the Journal of Soil and Water Conservation is a multidisciplinary journal composed of two sections: the A Section containing various departments and features, and the Research Section containing peer-reviewed research papers.
- Member Newsletters. The SWCS shares national news monthly in their Conservogram newsletter and our Chapter shares regional news quarterly in our Runoff newsletter. Both newsletters are delivered via email.
- Local Annual Conference. Each year, our Chapter hosts an Annual Conference which includes a Field Trip and a Speaker Series. Our Conference rotates annually between California and Nevada and afford participants a great learning and networking opportunity.
- Opportunity for Leadership Experience. With only about 100 members currently, it is very likely that our Chapter members can successfully become a member of or engage with our Executive Council to help improve our Chapter activities or to develop new ways to engage our Chapter membership.